Community Events | 16 May 2018 at 7:00pm

STANWAY PARISH COUNCIL

 

Dear Councillor        

You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the

COMMUNITY EVENTS COMMITTEE to be held on

WEDNESDAY 16TH MAY 2018 AT 7.00pm in the

COMMITTEE ROOM, VICTORY HALL

Yours faithfully

 

Amanda Ward

Clerk’s Assistant to the Parish Council                                                                                   1st May 2018

 

 

  1. Attendance and apologies for absence

To record the attendance and reasons for absence

 

  1. 2. Declaration of interest

To allow councillors to declare a Disclosable Pecuniary, Other Pecuniary or Registerable Non-Pecuniary interest on any matter covered by the Agenda. Members are reminded that, when considering any item, if it becomes clear that they have an interest, they must declare it.

 

  1. Public participation
  2. a) The Chairman to invite members of the public to indicate if they wish to speak at this meeting – either on an item on the agenda or on a general matter not on this agenda. You should indicate your wish to speak to the Clerk prior to the start of the meeting.

 

  1. b) The Chairman to invite contributions from members of the public who wish to speak on a general matter not on this agenda.

 

The public may raise matters or ask questions relating to the work of the Community Events Committee. Questions cannot always be answered at the meeting but they will be dealt with appropriately. If a matter raised or question asked is to be discussed by the Councillors it will be added to the agenda for the next meeting of the Committee or passed to Full Council.

 

Recording of Meetings:  Should anyone wish to record a Committee or Council Meeting the Clerk must be informed prior to the start of the meeting in order that the Council can comply with Data Protection Regulations.

 

  1. Minutes of the Community Events Committee Meeting of Wednesday 18tth April 2018

To consider and approve the minutes of that meeting which have been circulated.

 

  1. Financial Report

         To receive an up to date Nominal Ledger and Cost Centre Review to 30th April 2018.        

 

  1. Future Events

         To consider ideas for future events.

 

  1. Items for committees/ Next Council meeting

To receive and consider requests for items to be included on agendas for committees or Council.

 

  1. To confirm the date of the next meeting

To confirm the date of the next Community Events Committee meeting scheduled to be held in the Committee Room, Victory Hall on Wednesday, 20th June 2018 at 7.00pm.

 

STANWAY PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the meeting of the COMMUNITY EVENTS COMMITTEE

Held on WEDNESDAY, 16TH MAY 2018 at 7.00pm

In the COMMITTEE ROOM, VICTORY HALL

 

  1. Attendance & Apologies for Absence

 

   In Attendance:          Cllr C M Spademan (Chairman)

Borough Cllr P Dundas

Cllr D Jordan

Cllr J R Norton

 

 

Also in attendance: Amanda Ward, Clerk’s Assistant

 

Apologies were received from Cllr K Marking (personal commitment), L Tate (business commitment) and I Wancerska (illness).

 

RESOLVED to accept the Councillor apologies.

 

  1. Public Participation

         There were no members of the Public present.

 

  1. Minutes of the Community Events Committee Meeting of Wednesday 18th April 2018.

 

         RESOLVED to approve the Minutes of the Community Events Committee Meeting of Wednesday 18th April 2018.

 

  1. Financial Report

         Prior to the Meeting the Clerk had advised that the financial report for this Month was not available as RIALTAS were in the middle of closing the account. The Committee expressed their disappointment at this as they were aware of transactions that would have been processed since the last Meeting.

 

  1. Future Events

         At the last Meeting Cllr C M Spademan requested that members think of ideas for future events.

 

Cllr D Jordan suggested two Quiz Nights, an interactive puppet show for the Children and a summer garden party.

 

Cllr J R Norton agreed with the Quiz Nights and the Children’s Event and thought a Celebrity Cooking Event might be popular.

 

Borough Councillor P Dundas reported that Stanway Parish Council have had a stand at the Love Stanway Event on Silver Witch Green in the past.

 

Cllr C M Spademan advised that last year was the first time the Parish Council had run a stand. Cllr J R Norton felt it should be done again this year to promote the work carried out by the Parish Council.

 

Cllr C M Spademan reported that Smythes Toy Shop had expressed an interest in sponsoring a Children’s Event and she would approach them to discuss this further.

 

After further discussion the following was agreed:

 

  • To have a stand at the Love Stanway Event on the 30th
  • To be involved in the MacDonalds Community Football Day on the 15th July

11am – 3pm on the Village Hall Playing Field.

  • In July to consider supporting the Village Hall Management Committee in

their 30th Anniversary celebrations.

  • In September to discuss ideas for the a guest speaker at the Annual Parish

Forum in April 2019.

  • To hold a Quiz Night on 17th or 24th November 2018 in the Tollgate Hall.
  • To hold a Children’s Event in January 2019.

 

The Clerk’s Assistant will contact Mr S Mann to see if he is willing to host the Quiz Night in November and a further two in 2019.

 

  1. Items for committees / Next council meeting

         There were no items.

 

  1. To confirm the date of the next meeting

 

The next Meeting of the Community Events Committee will take place on

Wednesday, 20th June 2018 at 7.00 pm in the Committee Room, Victory Hall.

 

There being no further business the Committee Chairman thanked members

for their attendance.

 

The meeting closed at 7.29 pm

 

 

Amanda Ward

Clerk’s Assistant                                                                    18th May 2018

 

 

Signed………………………………………..            Dated: 20th June 2018

Chairman