Community Events | 21 November 2018 at 7:30pm
- Committee Group: Community Events
STANWAY PARISH COUNCIL
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the
COMMUNITY EVENTS COMMITTEE to be held on
WEDNESDAY 21ST NOVEMBER 2018 AT 7.30pm in the
COMMITTEE ROOM, VICTORY HALL
Clerk’s Assistant to the Parish Council 9th November 2018
1. Attendance and apologies for absence
To record the attendance and reasons for absence
2. To Elect a Deputy Chairman
To elect a Deputy Chairman of the Community Events Committee for the remainder of the municipal year.
3. Declaration of interest
To allow councillors to declare a Disclosable Pecuniary, Other Pecuniary or Registerable Non-Pecuniary interest on any matter covered by the Agenda. Members are reminded that, when considering any item, if it becomes clear that they have an interest, they must declare it.
4. Public participation
a) The Chairman to invite members of the public to indicate if they wish to speak at this meeting – either on an item on the agenda or on a general matter not on this agenda. You should indicate your wish to speak to the Clerk prior to the start of the meeting.
b) The Chairman to invite contributions from members of the public who wish to speak on a general matter not on this agenda.
The public may raise matters or ask questions relating to the work of the Community Events Committee. Questions cannot always be answered at the meeting but they will be dealt with appropriately. If a matter raised or question asked is to be discussed by the Councillors it will be added to the agenda for the next meeting of the Committee or passed to Full Council.
Recording of Meetings: Should anyone wish to record a Committee or Council Meeting the Clerk must be informed prior to the start of the meeting in order that the Council can comply with Data Protection Regulations.
5. Minutes of the Community Events Committee Meeting of Wednesday 17th October 2018
To consider and approve the minutes of that meeting which have been circulated.
6. Financial Report
To receive an up to date Nominal Ledger and Cost Centre Review to 31st October 2018.
7. Quiz Night
To finalise arrangements for Quiz Night.
8. Children’s Event
To further discuss ideas for a Children’s Event.
9. Annual Parish Forum 2019
To further discuss the arrangements for the Annual Parish Forum in April 2019
10. Standing Committee’s
To consider removing Community Events from the list of Standing Committee’s
11. Items for committees/ Next Council meeting
To receive and consider requests for items to be included on agendas for committees or Council.
12. To confirm the date of the next meeting
To confirm the date of the next Community Events Committee meeting scheduled to be held in the Committee Room, Victory Hall on Wednesday, 19th December 2018 at 7.30pm.
Minutes of the Community Events Committee held on
Wednesday 21st November 2018 at 7.30pm
- Attendance and apologies for absence
Present: Cllrs C. Spademan (Chair), I. Wancerska, J. Norton, D. Jordan and J. Spademan (after Item 6), and the Acting Clerk. At the invitation of the Chair, Maria Andrew of “LeapAlong” attended the meeting during the course of Item 7.
- To Elect a Deputy Chairman. RESOLVED – to elect Cllr. J. Norton as Deputy Chairman of the Community
Events Committee for the remainder of the municipal year.
- 58. Declaration of interest – NONE
- Public participation – NONE
- Minutes of the Community Events Committee Meeting of Wednesday 17th October 2018
RESOLVED – to approve the minutes of the Community Events Committee Meeting of Wednesday 17th October 2018
- Financial Report – NONE received because of IT problems
- Quiz Night – to finalise arrangements for Quiz Night.
The Committee discussed the running order of the evening. It was RESOLVED to set a budget of £75 for prizes for the winners. Cllr. Norton provided details of the raffle prizes and auction items. Some 12-14 teams were expected.
- Children’s Event – to further discuss ideas for a free Children’s Event.
Maria Andrew provided some ideas for the Committee to consider, noting that her organisation’s services would be provided gratis, with any additional expenses to the Parish Council at cost. The Committee expressed their gratitude for this generous gesture. It was AGREED that two sessions, with a maximum of 40 children, aged up to 6, would be held from 1.30 – 2.30 pm and 3.00 – 4.00 pm. Promotion of the event would be via Facebook and Cllr S. Spademan would lead on the design of a poster. Dates suggested – 12th,19th or 26th January (subject to confirmation)
- Annual Parish Forum 2019 – to discuss the arrangements for the Annual Parish Forum in April 2019
The speaker had been booked and the topic “Fetch a pail of water” was chosen by the Committee.
Community Categories for the annual nominations required review.
- Standing Committees – to consider removing Community Events from the list of Standing Committees.
It was RESOLVED to recommend that the Community Events Committee should remain on the list of Standing Committees of the Parish Council.
- Items for committees/ Next Council meeting
To receive and consider requests for items to be included on agendas for committees or Council – NONE
- To confirm the date of the next meeting – Wednesday, 19th December 2018 at 7.30pm.
The Chair closed the meeting at 8.04 pm