Policy & Finance | 11 July 2018 at 7:00pm

The meeting of the POLICY & FINANCE COMMITTEE held on WEDNESDAY 11th. JULY 2018 at 7pm in the COMMITTEE ROOM, Victory Hall

STANWAY PARISH COUNCIL

Dear Councillors

You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the POLICY & FINANCE COMMITTEE to be held on

WEDNESDAY 11th. JULY 2018 at 7pm in the COMMITTEE ROOM, VICTORY HALL

KBMoney

Kevin B. Money – Locum Clerk/RFO to the Parish Council 4th. July 2018

AGENDA

256. Chairman welcome

257. Attendance & Apologies for absence

To record the attendance and reasons for absence.

258. Declaration of Interest

Councillors to declare a Disclosable Pecuniary, Other Pecuniary or Registerable Non-Pecuniary interest on any matters covered by this Agenda. Members are reminded that, when considering any item, if it becomes clear they have an interest they must declare it.

259. Public Participation

a) The Chairman to invite members of the public to indicate if they wish to speak at this meeting – either on an item on the Agenda or on a general matter not on this Agenda. You should indicate your wish to speak, to the Clerk, prior to the start of the meeting.

b) The Chairman to invite contributions from members of the public who wish to speak (max. of 5 minutes total) on a general matter not on this Agenda.

The public may raise matters or ask questions relating to the work of the Policy & Finance Committee or any other matter. If a matter raised or question asked is to be discussed by the Council, it may be added to the Agenda for the next meeting of the Committee or passed to Full Council.

Recording of Meetings: Should anyone wish to record a Committee or Council Meeting the Clerk must

be informed prior to the start of the meeting in order that the Council can comply with Data Protection

Regulations.

260. Minutes of the Policy & Finance Committee meeting of 13th. June 2018

To approve the Minutes of the Meeting which was held on 13.06.18 (previously circulated) The meeting of the POLICY & FINANCE COMMITTEE held on WEDNESDAY 11th. JULY 2018 at 7pm in the COMMITTEE ROOM, Victory Hall

261. Clerks Report and Update

a) To receive a report and, if necessary, an oral update on current and outstanding issues dealt with by the Committee.

b) To receive the information to decide on the improved speed signage for Tollgate Road and for a crossing point on Halstead Road (previously circulated to Councillors)

c) Apprentice Clerks – Brought up by Cllr P. Thompson following CALC meeting

d) Update on Parish noticeboards

e) To discuss the future IT contract and way forward

262. Finance

a) To receive a Budget report.

b) To approve intermediate expenditure and sign cheques (previously circulated to Councillors).

263. EMR for Burial Ground

To discuss any issues raised from the Burial Ground Committee last meeting

264. Village Hall Refurbishment

To receive an update on the Village Hall Refurbishment.

265. Car Park

To discuss any issues concerning the use of the Car Park.

266. Local Highways Panel

To consider any matters arising from the Local Highways Panel.

267. Playing Field Requests

To consider any requests received.

268. Stanway losing its identity – For discussion new Council to be renamed Stanway Village Council

269. Hub – To consider the way forward for removal.

270. Information Update

To receive oral updates from Members on matters affecting the Parish.

271. To Confirm the Date and Time of the Next Meeting

The next Policy and Finance Committee Meeting will be held on Wednesday 8th. August 2018

at 7pm in the Committee Room, Victory Hall.

STANWAY PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of the POLICY AND FINANCE COMMITTEE Held on WEDNESDAY 11th. JULY 2018 at 7.00pm. In the COMMITTEE ROOM at the VICTORY HALL

Present: Cllr J. Spademan, Cllr D. Chambers, Cllr P. Dundas, Cllr P. Thompson & Kevin B. Money (Locum Clerk/RFO)

256. Chairman welcome. The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting

257. Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs L. Tate, T. Baines, I. Wancerska & T. Manning

258. Declaration of Interest

Councillors to declare a Disclosable Pecuniary, Pecuniary or Non-Pecuniary interest on any matters covered by this Agenda. Members are reminded that, when considering any item, if it becomes clear they have an interest they must declare it.

No Councillors declared any Disclosable Pecuniary, Pecuniary or Non-Pecuniary interest on any matters covered by this Agenda.

259. Public Participation

a) The Chairman to invite members of the public to indicate if they wish to speak at this meeting – either on an item on the Agenda or on a general matter not on this Agenda. You should indicate your wish to speak, to the Clerk, prior to the start of the meeting.

b) The Chairman to invite contributions from members of the public who wish to speak (max. of 5 minutes total) on a general matter not on this Agenda.

The public may raise matters or ask questions relating to the work of the Policy & Finance Committee or any other matter. If a matter raised or question asked is to be discussed by the Council, it may be added to the Agenda for the next meeting of the Committee or passed to Full Council.

Recording of Meetings:

Should anyone wish to record a Committee or Council Meeting the Clerk must

be informed prior to the start of the meeting in order that the Council can comply with Data Protection Regulations.

No questions from the Public

260. Minutes of the Policy & Finance Committee meeting of 13th. June 2018

To approve the Minutes of the Meeting which was held on 13.06.18 (previously circulated)

Cllr J. Spademan proposed and Cllr seconded that the minutes are a true and accurate record of the meeting. All Agreed

261. Clerks Report and Update

a) To receive a report and, if necessary, an oral update on current and outstanding issues dealt with by the Committee.

b) To receive the information to decide on the improved speed signage for Tollgate Road and for a crossing point on Halstead Road (previously circulated to Councillors)

c) Apprentice Clerks – Brought up by Cllr P. Thompson following CALC meeting

d) Update on Parish noticeboards

e) To discuss the future IT contract and way forward

262. Finance

a) To receive a Budget report.

The RFO presented the current Budget figures for 2018/19

b) To approve intermediate expenditure and sign cheques (previously circulated to Councillors).

Cllr J. Spademan proposed and Cllr P. Dundas seconded that the payments be authorised. All agreed

263. EMR for Burial Ground

To discuss any issues raised from the Burial Ground Committee last meeting

The RFO to check the transferred figure from Burial Ground account to Main account

264. Village Hall Refurbishment

To receive an update on the Village Hall Refurbishment.

The Clerk, in Cllr T. Baines absence, circulated the Village Hall refurbishment report

265. Car Park

To discuss any issues concerning the use of the Car Park.

No further issues on the car park but quotations will need to be obtained for future works

266. Local Highways Panel

To consider any matters arising from the Local Highways Panel.

Nothing further to consider at this time.

267. Playing Field Requests

To consider any requests received.

No requests received

268. Stanway losing its identity – For discussion new Council to be renamed Stanway Village Council

To be reviewed at the next F&P meeting

269. Hub – To consider the way forward for removal.

Cllr J. Spademan informed the meeting about the history of the hub. There have been bad incidents at Stanway hub by misusing it. An idea was suggested to remove it from its site and to place it in a more visible view. This item to be raised at Parks & Recreation committee.

270. Information Update

To receive oral updates from Members on matters affecting the Parish.

Cllr Chambers brought to the meeting the specification and costings for repair to the MUGA. It was agreed to

place this item on the next Full Council meeting for discussion and possible agreement.

271. To Confirm the Date and Time of the Next Meeting

The next Policy and Finance Committee Meeting will be held on Wednesday 8th. August 2018 at 7pm

in the Committee Room, Victory Hall.

Cllr J. Spademan gave his apologies for the next meeting

The Chairman thanked everyone for attending and the meeting was closed at 7.30 pm.

Signed:……………………………………………………..………………………………..Date: 8th. August 2018