Policy & Finance | 14 February 2018 at 7:00pm

STANWAY PARISH COUNCIL

Dear Councillor

You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the

POLICY & FINANCE COMMITTEE to be held on

WEDNESDAY, 14th February 2018 AT 7.00pm in the

COMMITTEE ROOM, VICTORY HALL

Yours faithfully

Teresa Devine

Clerk to the Parish Council 7th February 2018

1. Attendance & Apologies for Absence

To record the attendance and reasons for absence.

2. Declaration of Interest

To allow Councillors to declare a Disclosable Pecuniary, Other Pecuniary or Registerable Non-Pecuniary interest on any matters covered by this Agenda. Members are reminded that, when considering any item, if it becomes clear they have an interest they must declare it.

3. Public Participation

a) The Chairman to invite members of the public to indicate if they wish to speak at this meeting – either on an item on the Agenda or on a general matter not on this Agenda. You should indicate your wish to speak, to the Clerk, prior to the start of the meeting.

b) The Chairman to invite contributions from members of the public who wish to speak on a general matter not on this Agenda.

The public may raise matters or ask questions relating to the work of the Policy & Finance Committee or any other matter. If a matter raised or question asked is to be discussed by the Council it will be added to the Agenda for the next meeting of the Committee or passed to Full Council.

Recording of Meetings: Should anyone wish to record a Committee or Council Meeting the Clerk must

be informed prior to the start of the meeting in order that the Council can comply with Data Protection

Regulations.

4. Minutes of the Policy & Finance Committee meeting of 10th January 2018

To consider and approve the Minutes of the Meeting which have been circulated.

5. Clerks Report and Update

To receive a report and, if necessary, an oral update on current and outstanding issues dealt with by the Committee.

6. Finance

a) To receive a report on income and expenditure to date and;

b) To approve intermediate expenditure and sign cheques.

7. Village Hall Refurbishment

To receive an update on the Village Hall Refurbishment.

8. Repair to Footpath between the Tollgate Hall Car Park and Villa Road

To consider and agree on a quotation for the repair to the footpath between the Tollgate Hall Car

Park and Villa Road which can be funded through monies available from the Borough Council –

subject to full assurance that the area is the responsibility of Stanway Parish Council.

9. Policy On Recording of Motions and Votes

To decide whether the Council wishes to continue to record Proposers and Seconders in Minutes and

whether to record votes.

10. Essex Parking Partnership and Park Safe

To consider the Council’s policy regarding residents’ reports of inconsiderate parking and to consider

the use of a Park Safe vehicle around Stanway. (Cllr D Fowles to speak to this motion).

11. Winstree Road Schools Travel Plan

To receive an update on the Meeting about Winstree Road Schools Travel Plan.

12. Staffing Sub-Committee

To receive a report from the Staffing Sub-Committee.

13. Arrangements for use of Tollgate Car Park by parents of children at Stanway Primary

School

To receive a report of the Meeting held with the school, Cllr D Bloomfield and Cllr J Spademan

in January.

14. Parish Council Facebook Page and Postings on Other Facebook Sites

a) To consider the request from Cllr D Jordan to launch an official Parish Council Facebook Page

which he has volunteered to run and;

b) To agree a policy on posting information on other Facebook sites in the name of the Parish Council.

15. Commemorative Plaque

To consider a future contribution towards a Commemorative Plaque to mark the 50th Anniversary

of Stanway Villa. (Cllr P Thompson to speak to this item which is for information only).

16. Use of Private Security Firm

To consider the use of a private Security Firm in Stanway as Tiptree Council has done. (Cllr D Chambers

to speak to this motion.).

17. Lakelands 2 – Building Work – Complaints

To consider complaints by Parishioners concerning blocked roads, blocked driveways and

other inconsiderate parking by builders working in the Lakelands 2 area and to agree on a

course of action. (Cllr P Dundas to speak to this motion).

18. Request for Funding; Local Scout

To consider making a small donation from the Chairman’s Allowance towards a fund-raising project

being carried out by a local Scout. The young man (aged 13) has made this request to the Council.

19. Local Highways Panel

To consider any matters arising from the Local Highways Panel.

20. Playing Field Requests

To consider any requests to use the Playing Field.

21. Information Update

To receive oral updates from Members on matters affecting the Parish.

22. Items for Committees/Next Council Meeting

To receive and consider requests for items to be included on Agendas for Committees or Full Council.

23. To Confirm the Date and Time of the Next Meeting

The next Policy and Finance Committee Meeting will be held on Wednesday, 14th March 2018 at 7.00 pm

in the Committee Room, Victory Hall.

24. Exclusion of the Public and Press

In accordance with Section 100 A (4) of the Local Government Act 1972 and the Local Government

(Access to Information) (Variation) Order 2006 to exclude the Public, including the Press, from the

Meeting so that any items containing exempt and confidential information (for example

confidential personal, financial, or legal advice) in the remainder of this Agenda can be decided.

Exempt information is defined in Section 1001 and Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act

1972.

PART TWO OF THE AGENDA IS ON THE NEXT PAGE

PART TWO

25. Increase in hours of Clerk’s Assistant

To agree to increase the hours of the Clerk’s Assistant from 10 hours per week to 16 hours per week

to provide additional support for the Clerk in Committee and administrative work. The proposed

increase to take place with effect from 1st March 2018.

Minutes are not yet available.