Policy & Finance | 8 August 2018 at 7:00pm

The meeting of the POLICY & FINANCE COMMITTEE held on WEDNESDAY 8th. AUGUST 2018 at 7pm in the COMMITTEE ROOM, Victory Hall

STANWAY PARISH COUNCIL

Dear Councillors

You are hereby summoned to forthcoming meeting of Stanway Parish Council to be held at the Committee Room on WEDNESDAY 8th. AUGUST 2018 7pm for the purpose of transacting the business ONLY

shown on the Agenda

KBMoney

Kevin B. Money – Locum Clerk/RFO to the Parish Council 1st. August 2018

AGENDA

272. Chairman welcome

273. Apologies for absence

274. Declaration of Interest

Councillors to declare a Disclosable Pecuniary, Other Pecuniary or Registerable Non-Pecuniary interest on any matters covered by this Agenda. Members are reminded that, when considering any item, if it becomes clear they have an interest they must declare it.

275. Public Participation

a) The Chairman to invite members of the public to indicate if they wish to speak at this meeting – either on an item on the Agenda or on a general matter not on this Agenda. You should indicate your wish to speak, to the Clerk, prior to the start of the meeting.

b) The Chairman to invite contributions from members of the public who wish to speak (max. of 5 minutes total) on a general matter not on this Agenda.

The public may raise matters or ask questions relating to the work of the Policy & Finance Committee or any other matter. If a matter raised or question asked is to be discussed by the Council, it may be added to the Agenda for the next meeting of the Committee or passed to Full Council.

Recording of Meetings: Should anyone wish to record a Committee or Council Meeting the Clerk must

be informed prior to the start of the meeting in order that the Council can comply with Data Protection

Regulations.

276. Minutes of the Policy & Finance Committee meeting of 11th. July 2018

To approve the Minutes of the Meeting which was held on 11.07.18 (previously circulated)

277. Clerks Report

a) To receive a report and, if necessary, an oral update on current and outstanding issues dealt with by the Committee.

278. Finance

a) To receive a Budget report & Bank Reconciliation on both accounts

b) To approve intermediate expenditure and sign cheques (previously circulated to Councillors).

279. Burial Ground – To discuss any issues raised from the Burial Ground Committee last meeting

280. Village Hall Refurbishment – To receive an update on the Village Hall Refurbishment. The meeting of the POLICY & FINANCE COMMITTEE held on WEDNESDAY 8th. AUGUST 2018 at 7pm in the COMMITTEE ROOM, Victory Hall

281. Car Park – To discuss any issues concerning the use of the Car Park.

282. Local Highways Panel – To consider any matters arising from the Local Highways Panel.

283. Playing Field Requests – To consider any requests received.

284. Information Update – To receive oral updates from Members on matters affecting the Parish.

285. To Confirm the Date and Time of the Next Meeting

The next Policy and Finance Committee Meeting will be held on Wednesday 12th. September 2018

at 7pm in the Committee Room, Victory Hall.

STANWAY PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of the POLICY AND FINANCE COMMITTEE Held on Wednesday 8th. August 2018 at 7.00pm in the COMMITTEE ROOM at the VICTORY HALL

Present: Cllr T. Manning (Vice-Chairman), Cllr T. Baines, Cllr L. Tate, Cllr D. Chambers, Cllr P. Dundas,

Cllr P. Thompson & Kevin B. Money (Locum Clerk/RFO). Members of the public 0.

272. Chairman welcome. In the absence of the Chairman the Vice-Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting

273. Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs J. Spademan & I. Wancerska

274. Declaration of Interest

Councillors to declare a Disclosable Pecuniary, Other Pecuniary or Registerable Non-Pecuniary interest on any matters covered by this Agenda. Members are reminded that, when considering any item, if it becomes clear they have an interest they must declare it.

No Councillor declared any Disclosable Pecuniary, Other Pecuniary or Registerable Non-Pecuniary interest on any matters covered by this Agenda

275. Public Participation

a) The Chairman to invite members of the public to indicate if they wish to speak at this meeting –

either on an item on the Agenda or on a general matter not on this Agenda. You should indicate your wish to speak, to the Clerk, prior to the start of the meeting.

b) The Chairman to invite contributions from members of the public who wish to speak (max. of 5 minutes total) on a general matter not on this Agenda.

The public may raise matters or ask questions relating to the work of the Policy & Finance Committee or any other matter. If a matter raised or question asked is to be discussed by the Council, it may be added to the Agenda for the next meeting of the Committee or passed to Full Council.

Recording of Meetings: Should anyone wish to record a Committee or Council Meeting the Clerk must be informed prior to the start of the meeting in order that the Council can comply with Data Protection Regulations.

276. Minutes of the Policy & Finance Committee meeting of 11th. July 2018

To approve the Minutes of the Meeting which was held on 11.07.18

Cllr L. Tate proposed and Cllr D. Chambers seconded that the minutes are a true and accurate record of the meeting. All Agreed

277. Clerks Report

a) To receive a report and, if necessary, an oral update on current and outstanding issues dealt with by the Committee.

The Clerk informed the meeting that Anglian Water need to replace a burst main on Swan Green. It was agreed that the Clerk contact Alan Boulter. Cllr T. Manning and Cllr D. Chambers to liaise with Anglian Water. All Agreed

Cllr T. Baines circulated an email with 5 points that needed to be addressed. Councillors discussed the issues thoroughly. The tree at Folley has been brought to the attention of CBC tree warden. The clerk to contact A&J Lighting to attend to a street light outside 31a Villa Road. 33 Villa Road light bracket to be extended. The burial ground issue is being dealt with by the relevant committee.

278. Finance

a) To receive a Budget report & Bank Reconciliation on both accounts. Councillors noted the reconciliations and budget report..

b) To approve intermediate expenditure and sign cheques (previously circulated to Councillors).

Cllr P. Dundas proposed and Cllr T. Baines seconded that the cheque payments be authorised. All Agreed.

279. Burial Ground – To discuss any issues raised from the Burial Ground Committee last meeting

Nothing further to report

280. Village Hall Refurbishment – To receive an update on the Village Hall Refurbishment.

Cllr T. Baines gave an update on the finalisation of the refurbish works at the village hall. The hall is now ready for hire. A new gas meter is being placed in a kiosk on the outside wall.

281. Car Park – To discuss any issues concerning the use of the Car Park.

Cllr P. Dundas proposed to proceed with the footpath repairs. Cllr T. Baines seconded. All Agreed.

Cllr T. Baines to liaise with the contractor.

Potholes in the Car park to be quoted later date.

Clerk to write to the school asking them to publicise the parking in the community car park.

282. Local Highways Panel – To consider any matters arising from the Local Highways Panel.

Councillors discussed the area around the zoo and the relieving of traffic problems being undertaken by Essex Highways. Works to start in Winter 2018 to reduce congestion of vehicles turning right into the zoo.

283. Playing Field Requests – To consider any requests received.

Football 23/24 August – Simon

Cllr T. Manning proposed to accept this request. Seconded by Cllr P. Dundas. All Agreed

The Clerk to produce an agreement form in conjunction with risk assessment and insurance liability.

Playing Field Requests to be transferred to “Parks & Recreation Area Committee”

284. Information Update – To receive oral updates from Members on matters affecting the Parish.

Nothing to report.

285. To Confirm the Date and Time of the Next Meeting

The next Policy and Finance Committee Meeting will be held on Wednesday 12th. September 2018

at 7pm in the Committee Room, Victory Hall.

Items for next Agenda

S106 monies – Cllr T. Baines

There being no further business the Vice-Chairman closed the meeting at 8.20pm and thanked

everyone for attending.

Signed……………………………………………………………………………………12th. September 2018